Monday, October 10, 2011

It's not what you think...

...Contrary to popular belief, I am not now, nor will I ever be an Alabama fan.  That being said, some of my nearest and dearest do pull for the Tide, and I do love a good tailgate and football game, so I will admit that I did go to Tuscaloosa last weekend and I did have a good time.  It was not the first time, and I doubt it will be the last, but don't look for me to be wearing crimson.  Don't worry, I already have my ticket for next weekend's Auburn/Florida game, so let there be no question about my loyalties.

Tailgating on the Quad
This weekend was especially a treat since I got to go with my dad.  I am the product of a divided household and a mother who hates going to the ballgame, so Big Rich and I took the opportunity and did it up right.  We had great tickets courtesy of a friend on his honeymoon.  We hit up all my friends' tailgates and walked around the Quad and downtown Tuscaloosa.  The game was actually a lot of fun and I even conceded to having my picture made with him at the Bear Bryant statue.  Oh the things I will do for that man...please don't tell anyone....

Us and the Bear...good thing I was a girl, lest he had named me Paul Bryant
There were a few moments I did have this overwhelming desire to be an undergrad again.  Think about it...when else in your life do you really have little to no responsibility other than going to class and making decent grades and someone else is footing the bill?!?!  And there's just something about live music, tons of people jammed together, school spirit, and dancing that makes me want to do it all over again.  I wouldn't do anything differently, but if I just had one more semester.....oh the fun that could be had!

Wade, LRS, me, and Graham before the game...maybe my favorite part
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Christopher Columbus for his sense of direction, or lack thereof, in providing me with this exceptional mid-October Monday holiday.  It's been a perfect day of laziness, lunch and an afternoon of fun with RB and G, and a little solo shopping at the Summit.  When you find a better day, get back to me.

Speaking of AU next weekend, I can't wait to see some of my favorite people in the whole world.  All my Alpha Gam friends will be together this weekend.  I can't wait to see everybody and cheer for the Tigers.  It's just like we never left when we're all together...lots of talking, lots of eating, and lots of laughing!

Sweet Alpha Gam friends

Hope you've had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, to be an undergrad again. Just think of the fun we'd have! As always, loved having you in Ttown!! Let's plan on a repeat for the BAMA/LSU game. :)

    Good luck convincing your aub peeps that you are a dedicated fan. :)

    ReplyDelete