Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ABC Me

So I saw this on a friend's blog (ok, so she's not my in-real-life friend, but she's a great girl, so I wish...add her to your reader), and thought it was cool.  Plus, I'm just out of anything super fun and exciting to blog about, so this will just have to do.

The ABC's of Me...


A. Age: 25


B. Bed Size: Queen...slept on a double growing up and now going home and sleeping in my old bed feels like sleeping in a bed made for midgets.  It's amazing what those extra few inches will do for you.

C. Chore that you hate: Taking out the trash.  Definitely my least favorite chore of all.  I hate to admit (because I know my mother reads this blog) that last week Lindsey and I finally took the garbage from the back porch to the alley and I counted 3 bags of trash, 4 or 5 pizza boxes, and 3 diet coke boxes.  SICK!

D. Dogs: Sweet mercy...that touches on an interesting subject.  I used to be terrified of dogs.  Like we're talking jumping up on top of cars and speaking in an unknown tongue kind of afraid.  However, they are starting to grow on my a little.  It still amazes people, but since sweet Max (RB's dog) came into our lives, the four-legged friends are no longer on my black list.  In fact, sometimes I consider getting a Pug and naming him Frank...please take this opportunity to pick your jaw up off the floor and try not to act so shocked.

Max's Christmas Sweater
E. Essential start to your day: Diet Coke.  No question.  Ask anyone who's ever had the pleasure of living with me.  You seriously do not want to try to hold a conversation with me til I've had the first one.

F. Favorite Color: Hmmm...a little tricky, but for fall, definitely mustard.  But I'm also digging navy these days.  Robin's egg blue is a perennial favorite too.

G. Gold or Silver: Both.  Depends on my mood and what I'm wearing.

H. Height: 5'5"...5'6" on a tall day.

I. Instruments you play: NADA!  Well, that's really a lie; I can play #29 in the Baptist Hymnal on the piano.  That's "How Majestic is Your Name" for those of you unfamiliar.  My dad made me quit taking lessons because he couldn't stand to hear me practice.  Yes, I was that bad.

J. Job Title: Teacher...which equates to counselor, instructor, coach, friend, parent, mentor, peacekeeper, mediator, comedian, etc. depending on the day.

K. Kids: No...good babysitter though.  That has to count for something, right?!

L. Live: Birmingham, AL but proud to call Guntersville home!


The Fam at the Lake
M. Mother's name: Sherry...she's a good one to know.


N. Nicknames: Ha...funny question.  Marth, Marsha, Marta, Mary...Just ask my friends.


O. Overnight hospital stays: Besides when I was born, none.


P. Pet Peeves: Slow drivers in the left lane, definitely.  Road rage much?


Q. Quote from a movie: There are too many to name!  I can quote Father of the Bride in its entirety.  Jerry Maguire is a close second..."I love him!  I love him for the man he wants to be.  And I love him for the man he almost is."  "Shut up, just shut up, Jerry.  You had me at hello!"

R. Right or Left handed: Right...all the way!

S. Siblings: None.  And yes, at 25, almost 26 years old, I am still playing the only child card for all it's worth.

U. Ultimate Vacation: Anywhere in Europe, but domestically, Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.

V. Vegetable you hate: It's so unsouthern of me, but turnip greens.

W. What makes you run late: Nothing if I can help it.  Lateness drives me notes, so I do everything I can to be on time!

X. X-rays you've had: Do teeth count?

Y. Yummy food that you make: Don't really know where to start on this one.  I hate to brag, but I'm a pretty decent cook.  See "M for Mother's Name"...she taught me everything I know.

Z. Zoo animal: I loathe the zoo more than almost any other place in the world.  The end.


What are the ABC's of you??

No comments:

Post a Comment