....the Loveliest Village on the Plains. What a way to describe the place that has so shaped my life! Yesterday I went to Auburn for the AU/UF game. I always love going back, especially during football season! Fortunately I scored a great ticket with my good friend from high school and his family, and got to enjoy the company of some of my all time favorite girls!
After a quick trip down 280 and a lot of catching up, sweet Lindsey and I arrived just in time to tailgate on the Quad with Chaney, Callie, Caylen, Mal, and Erin. It's always so fun to be together, no matter what we're doing. This time we got to see lots of husbands/families/babies, etc. which is always exciting! Believe it or not, amidst all the talking and visiting, I took a total of about two pictures. Someone has one of all of us...hope they send it my way soon!
 |
| Tailgating with Caylen and Chaney |
I headed into the stadium just in time to see the Eagle fly and the band perform. The Eagle definitely is still my favorite part. It's a tradition that never, ever gets old! Auburn
played well found a way to win, which is always good, but the people watching was probably more exciting than the actual game. As much as I like football, I tend to watch more of it on t.v. than in person because there is always so much going on in the stadium that I'd rather see! One hot dog and a diet coke later, and I was good to go for the second half!
I also had a great time catching up with Brett...I'd gotten used to seeing him all the time when he did a short 3 month stint in Birmingham for work, so I was overdue for a visit. Thanks for the ticket/parking hookup!
War Eagle!
Maybe the aubs will think you're back on their side...that is, until they read the post next week detailing your trip to Tuscaloosa for the Bama/Tennessee game. :) Lots of good people watching there, too!
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely a people-watcher too, Marth. And I love that diet coke is such a vital part of your life! Ha.
ReplyDelete