...on not much at all! That's not the whole truth, but not a whole lot has been going on around here lately save the comfortable routine that school/social life/sleep/repeat provides. Here are a few highlights of the past few weeks:
1. I went home for the weekend to visit the fam a couple of weeks ago, and while I was there, the best thing happened. My sweet friend Claire got engaged! Having missed Meg's impromptu engagement party a couple of months ago, I was so excited to be there for Claire's surprise engagement. We're so excited to welcome Vaughn to the family and are looking forward to celebrating with them in June. I've known Claire forever (and I mean that in the most literal way). She was really my first friend and I'm so thankful that we got to do childhood, high school, and college together and now we're getting to enjoy the next season of life even though we don't live in the same place.
 |
| Claire, Vaughn, and me at the Beach--2010 |
2. Precious Luke Stevens Rice made his grand appearance. I've been so excited about this little guy since I heard of his coming back in January. His mama,
Sarah, was one of my dearest friends at Auburn. We lived together my junior (her sophomore) year and then again the following summer. She and Adam are two of the best people I know, and the only two times in my whole life I've been speechless, they've been involved--the night they got engaged and the day she told me she was expecting a baby. Luke is a lucky little boy to have a mama and daddy that love each other, love him, and most importantly love the Lord. They will constantly point Luke toward Jesus and I pray that he will trust Him for salvation at the earliest possible age. Can't wait to meet you in person, kiddo!
 |
Luke Stevens Rice
Photo from Sarah's blog |
3. Sister came to visit! No, she's not really my sister, but I do love this kid. Mom and Dad brought her for lunch on Monday. What a treat on a rainy day. You wanna talk about personality....she's eaten up with it. It's been such a joy to watch Sister grow up from the tiny little girl she was when I first met her into the spunky, funny, smart, sweet girl she is now. This weekend is her 10th birthday and I can hardly believe it. Clearly she won't let me put bows in her hair any more or dress her up in tutus, but if it sparkles, shines, or otherwise draws attention, the girl is all about it!
 |
| New York--Spring Break 2010 |
 |
| At the Lake--Summer 2010 |
That's about it around here, folks. Here's to watching lots of college football this weekend. Hope all my friends who went to Happy Valley packed their snorkel and goggles. Looks like it's going to be a wet one in State College. More importantly, it's going to be a great weekend for football in Auburn. I'm hoping the Tigers have another last minute miracle to pull out. War Eagle!
What a sweet shout-out to Baby Luke and his parents! You are too kind with your words. I love you too and treasure our time together at AU. Can't wait for you to meet baby boy!
ReplyDelete