Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The countdown is on...

...we're looking at a mere twelve days until I rejoin the working world.  That's right people, school starts a week from Monday.  I cannot believe how fast this summer has gone by!  The beginning of school always brings with it such mixed emotions.  On one hand, I am sad to see sleeping late, not getting dressed til noon, lunches out with my working friends, babysitting, and random road trips go by the wayside, but there is a certain excitement that comes with new school supplies, routine, and a fresh batch of kiddos.

Every year I sort of adopt a prayer or idea that I live by in the classroom, and life in general.  The first year was Ephesians 6:19 ("Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I may fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel..."), and last year was the good old Dawson saying "God is good at all times and in all circumstances."  This year I have decided that I am going to focus on "Making much of Jesus".  This idea has popped up in a variety of different places lately, so I can only assume it is the Holy Spirit leading me to my new "theme".  Steven Curtis Chapman has a really great song that I heard on the radio last week that sums up the idea perfectly:

I want to make much of you, Jesus
I want to make much of your love.
I want to live today to give you the praise
That you alone are so worthy of.

I want to make much of your mercy
I want to make much of your cross.
I give you my life
Take it and let it be used
To make much of you. 


The start of school also means that football season is not far away.  We're 38 days away from kickoff and I couldn't be more excited!  I love everything about it...the rivalries, the tradition, the tailgating, the boys in ties, and of course, the perfect gameday dress.  It won't be long until we're planning our entire weekend around kickoff and our biggest concern will be how many times we will have to be up early for the 11:30 SEC Network game.  Last week I went to the Greater Birmingham Auburn Club Kickoff Party and heard Coach Chizik speak.  Needless to say, I was thrilled to be surrounded by so many good Auburn people.  As soon as I locate my camera cord (pray about it; the situation could be dire) I will upload some pictures, but just trust me when I say I was thisclose to ole Gene himself and he is just as precious in person as he appears on television.  Can't wait to see what the reigning National Champions can do on the gridiron this year.  WAR EAGLE!

Ok...I'm off to pack for my last impromptu road trip of the summer.  And then I'm off on a whirlwind (albeit planned) vacay to see this girl!  Can't wait....

Chaney's Wedding, May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment