This weekend, my Birmingham crew ventured to Guntersville for a fun 4th of July weekend. With few exceptions, this was their first Lake Guntersville experience. We spent most of our time on the water or being lazy watching movies, but squeezed in a little pool time, golf, lunch at the country club, shopping downtown, dinner by the lake, and a random late-night Wal Mart trip.
Katy Perry provided the theme song for our weekend, hence the title of the post. I will let most of the pictures speak for themselves...courtesy of our own paparazzi
Megan.
 |
| Girls before the lake Saturday |
 |
| Stopping to swim after the hat search and rescue mission |
 |
| Lindsey and me before dinner Saturday night |
 |
| Graham and his girls |
 |
| The Cruise Director and me....he gave me a second chance at driving the boat! |
 |
| The Sunday lake crew |
 |
| Happy Birthday, G! |
We finished off the 4th of July with a totally spontaneous fireworks viewing party in the Homewood Jim 'n Nick's parking lot. Honestly, it was a pretty good spot to watch them, and in typical fashion, we attracted quite the crowd.
 |
Fireworks anyone?
|
We definitely had a great time, and it was a lot of fun to share my hometown with my friends! I'm so thankful for such fun people to do life with in Birmingham and can't wait for our next adventure!
For sure a stellar weekend with hopes of a repeat in the future. Thank you for everything.
ReplyDeletenever knew you had a blog! yayy! adding you now! love finding new blogs to read...i'm addicted. its kind of a problem.
ReplyDeleteglad you share the same sleep patterns. I also have Restless Leg Syndrome, but I decided that is such a (comical) topic in and of itself that I should probably write an entire post about that at some point, haha.
And I will definitely let you know if you and any cute boys pop up in my dreams hah!