Monday, June 6, 2011

Sweet Summertime

I'm back...nothing super exciting to report, and that's kind of the way I like it.  Since school is out, I am officially on the no-plan-plan.  If you think that equates with me sleeping til a very late hour, doing a lot of Facebook creeping, and finding people to go to lunch with, then you would be correct.  Really it's not as bad as it sounds, but sleeping late is one of my very favorite things to do!

Another one of my loves is cooking.  I thought I'd share one of my fave summer recipes.  I make this every couple of weeks and eat on it all the time.  The longer it sits, the better it gets!

Black Bean Salsa

1 can black beans, drained
1 can white shoepeg corn
1 cup salsa
1 small onion diced
1/2 green pepper diced
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
1/2 tsp cumin

Mix everything together and let sit a couple of hours before serving.  I eat it with tortilla chips, but it's great on nachos, in quesadillas, or as a salad.

In other news, I have a friend in town on business for several weeks which means he is staying in some pretty nice hotels.  Yesterday Lindsey, Megan, and I took advantage of his visit and found ourselves at the hotel pool for the afternoon.  To say we enjoyed ourselves would be an understatement...the poolside drink service didn't hurt either!

Pretty much sums up my ideal summer...
Maybe I'll be back soon with some fun summer stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment